रायरेश्वरRaireshwar Plateau is one of the most important historical places in Maharashtra, where The Great Shivaji Maharaj taken the oath of ' Swaraajya' at the temple of Raireshwar on the plateau.
How to Reach : Its approx 95-100 km from Pune
1. Pune-Bhor- to varandha ghat road- Ambeghar- Ambawade-right turn- Mhakoshi road-Vadtumbi-Korle-Oholi (Car up to Oholi, can drive but little difficult n rough road) - Ghera Kenjalgad ghat- Raireshwar Plateau
2. Pune-Wai-Menwali road-Dhom dam right side road-Khavli-GheraKenjalgad- right turn to Ghat- Raireshwar Plataeu
In Both direction road is heavenly Beautiful. Journey itself is full of natural landscape especially in Monsoon. Ghat roads are rough but scenery is wonderful and refreshing !
Food : Local Home made Food (पिठलं भाकरी ) is available on fort village i.e. Jangamvadi but bottled water is not available on Raireshwar fort. But due to human settlement on the top, home made food n water may available on request. Better to carry food from Bhor or Wai.
What to see :
- On the top the historical Temple of Raireshwar where Shivaji maharaj took the oath of Swarajya against the Mughals with his collegeus worriors at the age of just 16 years. Unfortunately the temple is not glorified properly. It looks like a small hut. It should be Preserved properly.
- There are some houses, along with a primary school where you can meet the people and get the info about the fort.
- The monsoon waterfall is very beautiful in the season, it flows upwards due the velocity of the wind. So you can enjoy the waterfall bath by standing upward direction of the waterfall.
- The biodiversity is incredible. Flowers and insects are unique.
- Wai, Panchagani, Mahableshwar,Dhom dam, Varandha ghat, Kenjal gad,Meavali,Kamal gad, Pandav gad, Mandhardevi, Neera devaghar dam, Konkan Sahyadri etc such a vast and wide panoramic region is visible from the top.
Parking : No official parking. But Parking place is there at the base of trek. On weekdays hardly trekkers can be seen. So lock the Vehicle properly. two wheeler or SUV vehicles are preferable. Avoid car.
Trek : Easy. Railing and steps are there, so easy to climb. Slop is steep. so take care of children and senior citizens. Plateau is vast in size so see the time available then roam around. it will take three hrs to cover all the sides of the plateau.
Nearby Tourists Places : Wai, Panchagani, Mahableshwar,Dhom dam, Varandha ghat, Kenjal gad,Meavali,Kamalgad, Pandavgad, Mandhardevi, Neera devaghar dam, Bhor-Bhatghar, Ambwade pot holes on river Neera and Hanging bridge of British period.